DevOps Pro Moscow 2019
Camunda Services GmbH, Germany
19 ноября, 2019
Andrea Giardini is the Engineering Manager for the SRE team of Camunda GmbH. He’s been fascinated by the DevOps mindset since the early days of the movement and has worked extensively with containers and cloud computing, gaining experience across a wide array of platforms.
Before joining Camunda, Andrea worked at CERN in Geneva on a project to detect and manage configuration drifts inside the CERN infrastructure. At Camunda, he’s responsible for the infrastructure that builds and tests open-source projects.
Hands-On Introduction to Kubernetes
Kubernetes has become the de-facto standard to run you containerized applications in the cloud: over the past years we have seen a very steep adoption curve and many interesting projects around it.
This workshop aims to give an introduction about Kubernetes. We will start from understanding the basics concepts and principles and step by step move to more advanced topics. By the end of this workshop you will have a grasp on how Kubernetes works under the hood and what you can achieve with it. Also, you will be able to deploy a simple application to Kubernetes and scale it.
- Part 1: Introduction to Kubernetes
- Introduction to containers and Docker
- Containers vs virtual machines
- Best practices for creating containers
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Part 2: Kubernetes’ building blocks: Pods
- Introduction to pods
- Customization of pods
- Environment variables
- Exposing your apps: Services and Ingresses
- Experimenting with Pods
- Part 3: Managing Pods: Deployments, StatefulSets and DaemonSets
- How to deploy your application on Kubernetes
- Rollout strategies
- How to customize your deployments
- Part 4: Continuous testing and delivery
- Jenkins on Kubernetes
- Test and deploy your applications
- Q & A
The goal of this workshop is to introduce the participants to Kubernetes and, in general, the world of automation using containers. By the end of the workshop every attendant will be able to create, deploy and scale a simple application on Kubernetes
Since a couple of years, Kubernetes has become the de-facto standard for deploying, managing and scaling containers ant scale. More and more people are getting interested in this technology.
The target audience includes those interested in learning more about how Kubernetes works and what it is capable to do
Предварительные условия курса
- Google Cloud account with free credits – https://cloud.google.com/free/
- Local installation of: Docker, Kubectl and gcloud command-line tool
– Technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of containers
- Basic knowledge of programming