DevOps Pro Moscow 2018
About Yury Ignatov
As a senior engineer at Express42, Yury develops and implements solutions for the continuous delivery in the enterprise. He assists with the adoption of key DevOps practices and gives lectures and trainings on automation and configuration management.
Configuration management with Ansible
Workshop will give you a good sense of how configuration management is helping in developing and delivering digital products. We will take a look on the problems the Configuration Management tools aim to solve. When and when not to use Configuration Management tools. Lean Ansible basics: playbooks, roles, modules, variables, hosts and groups (inventory), tags. Idempotence and repeatability, YAML syntax. Learn how Configuration Management is integrated in CI/CD Pipeline.
- About Infrastructure as a Code
- Ansible Basics
- Writing Ansible roles and working with community roles
- Managing three-tier application with Ansible
- Managing configuration management data, secret data
- Configuration management workflow
- Understanding of Configuration Management concepts.
- Learn how to use Ansible modules, variables, templates, roles and groups of hosts.
- Practice in writing Ansible playbooks and roles.
- Learn how to integrate Ansible with existing infrastructure (monitoring, etc).
- Lean how to integrate Ansible with CI/CD pipeline.
Developers, Sysadmins, Operations, QA.
Must have a laptop with OSX or Linux OS with your preferred text editor installed.
Should know the basics of Linux OS.
Experience with a version control system Git will be helpful.