DevOps Pro Moscow 2018
About Andrey Nesterenko
CEO and founder of MIRhosting – hosting company with sites in Russia, the Netherlands, andthe US. Besides overall management, I drive infrastructure modernizations and handpicktechnologies to accommodate the company’s growth and development. I supervise keycustomers and get involved with dicult technical cases. My speciality is nding solutionswith focus on scaling and mitigating typical mistakes so as to avoid stalemates when growingthe business. Promoting cloud solutions and technologies is my passion, I love to share myexperiences as well as meet new people.
Horizontal scaling on cloud platforms
The goal is to set up an application that will automatically scale to match the load uctuations.We will look in detail, learn and test horizontal scaling of applications – a critical function forany development project. You will then be able to apply this skill in any cloud solution. Thefocus will be on the advantages of container technologies and microservices. Using MySQL DBas an example we will review why we need horizontal scaling at all, what options we have forscaling, why choose containers, how to ingrate application development with native cloudmanagement tools (orchestrator). We will write a script (hooky) In real time for MySQl clusterand map the process to automatically scale to the current loads.
- About Infrastructure as a Code
- Ansible Basics
- Writing Ansible roles and working with community roles
- Managing three-tier application with Ansible
- Managing configuration management data, secret data
- Configuration management workflow
- Understanding of Configuration Management concepts.
- Learn how to use Ansible modules, variables, templates, roles and groups of hosts.
- Practice in writing Ansible playbooks and roles.
- Learn how to integrate Ansible with existing infrastructure (monitoring, etc).
- Lean how to integrate Ansible with CI/CD pipeline.
Developers, Sysadmins, Operations, QA.
Must have a laptop with OSX or Linux OS with your preferred text editor installed.
Should know the basics of Linux OS.
Experience with a version control system Git will be helpful.