DevOps Pro Moscow 2018
Xpirit, The Netherlands
Xpirit, The Netherlands
Date: 13 November
Time: 10:00 – 17:00
About Alex Thissen
Alex has been involved in application development since the late nineties and worked as a lead developer and architect at large enterprises and small companies. He spends his time teaching other developers the details of the Microsoft development platform and frameworks, and coaches architects to design and build modern distributed applications at cloud scale. He has received the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award for Visual Studio and Development Technologies 11 times. In his spare time Alex likes to participate in all kinds of sport, and loves playing and programming new and retro video games.
About Loek Duys
Loek is a Cloud Architect at Xpirit and a Microsoft Azure MVP. He helps companies to make their transition to the Cloud as efficient as possible; from strategy to implementation. As an active member of open source projects, forums and as international speaker, he loves to exchange knowledge with other community members.
Doing Docker DevOps Style
This training introduces you to Docker and container technology for DevOps teams. We will show you how to apply DevOps practices to cloud-based container solutions, complete with hands-on exercises. The training uses Microsoft tooling and technology, but the skills you will learn can be applied in any technology stack. After the workshop you will be able to do Docker DevOps style.
- Big picture: DevOps with cloud-based container clusters
- Accelerating your inner development loop
- From development to production in record-time with confidence
- Monitoring and feedback while running in production
- Automated provisioning of infrastructure
Understand the implications for DevOps teams to build, deploy and run container based solutions in a cloud environment.
- Automate everything from infrastructure to deployment
- Achieve full traceability from source code to production incidents
- Practice finding and fixing a bug without downtime
- Get hands-on experience supporting DevOps practices with available tools
This training is intended for developers and architects that want to learn about the new DevOps practices and tooling for a cloud-based Microsoft solution.
Students should bring their own laptop running the following:
- Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016
- Visual Studio 2017
Additionally, students also need the following account and subscription:
- Visual Studio Team Services account (free)
- Azure subscription (trial)